Sharing is caring!

Like what you read? Share this with everyone you know to encourage me to write more!
Don't like what you read? Want to know more about something in particular? Suggestions? Send me some feedback!

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Liftoff

Well, here I am, sitting on a plane to New York City, at the beginning of the adventure of a lifetime. It still hasn't quite hit me that this is really happening. I guess always being behind schedule, stressed, and busy has kept me from processing this as a normal person might.

Most of you don't quite know the full extent of what it's taken just to get to this point, but believe me, I've got some lessons for you to learn from my having to do things the hard way. I won't try to teach them all to you tonight though.

Tonight I'm heading home, sorta. 2 days of shenanigans in New York as a buffer before leaving the country for my first time.

I'm still worried I forgot something important, so I guess lesson number 1 of this adventure is to be really thorough with your "to do" and "to pack" lists. Oh, and take a nap on your late night flight earlier, rather than waiting. If i try to sleep now, I'll miss the splendor of NYC on approach. No way am I letting that happen! I'm sure there will be a Starbucks the second I step off the plane. Besides, I can sleep on the flight to Moscow on Sunday, right? 

More advice, fly Jet Blue. I've been grading exams, watching my favorite TV shows and snacking the whole time. I think I've been more productive than I am at home... though now I'm reconsidering watching Vikings, since the couple next to me can totally see the sex scene that just came on... oops...

Anyway, I see the lights of city below me now. I think I just got my second wind.

Good-bye Orlando!
You get a nice light show when you take the red-eye.
My travel buddy, Lotso, helping me grade my students' finals.

No comments:

Post a Comment